Thursday 20 March 2014

Audience Feedback On Draft 1

After producing my first draft I have uploaded it too my blog. To develop my video and produce a second draft which shows a vast improvement I think gathering feed back is a very good idea. I asked a few people from my target audience to watch my video and assess the clips I have so far. Even though I still have a large number of blank spaced I think you can gather what my video is about. Below is my audience feedback:

Feedback 1:

The video is simple but effective. The narrative and layout is hazey but you can easily see the chemistry between the couple and the objective of the video. The song is fun, outgoing and cheerful which is also represented through the characters and their actions well. I believe that it is a good first draft however more shots could be developed here to make it slightly more complex. A little colour could be reflected in the video to represent certain parts of the relationship maybe? Overall a good first draft.

Feedback 2:

This music video has a good use of a exisiting media product convetions; There is the repetitive use of the scenes. I really like the last few scenes as they are a combination of different shots which connote the emotion between the two characters. I really like how the video is in black and white throughout, this creates continuity within your work which is following the conventions of this form.

Feedback 3:

I like the idea of the narrative being but I think it is effective. The black and white work really well with the style of the video and the genre. Sometimes the edits don't cut to the beat and I think this could be an improvement you could make. I really like the last few scenes which shows fast editing of the couple together. Your work shows good continuity, it shows a fun and happy environment.


From looking at this audience feedback I have decided to break it down in three sections for example I have looked at strengths, weaknesses and things to improve. By doing this I will be able to pick out what is good about my music video and what I should keep and what I need to change and improvement. Below shows the different sections and the different comments I have picked out.



Strengths:

  •  "The video is simple but effective"
  • "Overall a good first draft"
  • "This music video has a good use of a exisiting media product conventions"
  •  "I really like the last few scenes as they are a combination of different shots which connote the emotion between the two characters"
  • "I really like how the video is in black and white throughout, this creates continuity within your work which is following the conventions of this form"
Weaknesses

  • "The narrative and layout is hazey"
  • "There is the repetetive use of the scenes"
  • "Sometimes the edits don't cut to the beat"

Things to improve: 



  • "I believe that it is a good first draft however more shots could be developed here to make it slightly more complex"
  •  "A little colour could be reflected in the video to represent certain parts of the relationship maybe?"

In my next draft I will take these comments on board and improvement my work, for example making the narrative layout a more clearer, taking the repetitive scenes out and replacing them with new footage . I will cut my edits to the beat of the music and make it slightly more complex. I might add colour to my video but I don't want to break the continuity through my video but I will take the comment into consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment