Monday 31 March 2014

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research,planning and evaluation stages?



This is the camera I used to film my footage and the construction of my product. The reason I used this camera is because it was a college camera, it was very easy to get hold of and to book out and very convenient for all the times I had to film. I also used a tripod from college suitable for the camera. This helped me get footage that was still and I was able to get good framing from different angles rather then my camera moving or going blurring while I was filming a shot. I was able to alter the tripod in different positions getting different camera movement and positions. The good thing about using this camera from college was that you was guaranteed good high quality footage. I had found this out by using my own camera to film some footage which didn't go too well. I had already shot some footage on a college camera but I then shot some on my own camera which was a Nikon D1300, the different footage did was compact with each other in the editing program I was using. My own camera was especially for still images and high quality photography instead a filming, you could tell this by the grainy shots which I got out of using my own camera.  This was a big problem I came across because I had filmed a large chunk of my music video using my own camera, it set me a bit behind but I mange to re film and come out with A lot better footage which was a positive. 




Constructing and editing my music video I used Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, this is industry standard and is A professional software that allows manipulation to moving images, you worked across 2 screens which helped you view your footage you have shot and then build together clips to make your video. I added my song to the program so I could edit to the beat of my music. Using this certain program meant that the possibilities are endless, it has a number of different media techniques that you can use for example split screening and dissolve. This means it made it easier through the edits of the shots to make my music video complex. It also has the option of audio manipulation, for example fading in the audio in and out when you want it to. All these made me produce the best of my ability I could.


While researching and planning my music video I used You Tube to research and analyse different products. For example I did 3 textual analysis, this meant I researched 3 different music videos which I used you tube for. The use of you tube gives you the ability to stream music for free, which meant that it was useful when researching existing products.



Here shows where I have used You Tube to research different products, the videos I analysed was to my genre, this helped me when planning because I was able to follow the codes and conventions including in these different videos. I was able to print screen the different sections which I want to analyse.

Photoshop

Photo Shop was a very useful media technology while constructing my Ancillary Texts. I have shown how I produced my magazine poster step by step. Photo Shop is easy to use and is very useful when it comes to producing CD digi paks and Magazine posters. I have a very strong knowledge on using this because for AS we had to produce our own magazine front cover, double page spread and contents page. It gave me a good start because I know what to include and how to produce it. I also use photo shop in my other subjects, one including is photography. I was able to use my knowledge from this to produce good photographs and edit them to
to my best ability.



  


Web 2.0 
 I used Web 2.0 and 'Google' search engine mainly constructing my planning and research. I mainly used this one because Google caters for a mass audience across Web 2.0. If i was to search for an artist or existing products it would give me an answer in a matter of seconds. It has options of searching images for example I searched 'existing album magazine posters' I had a range of existing media products which I could pull out different codes and conventions. This helped me put together my research, for my research for my music magazine I used Prezi, this is on the internet which able's you to create fun and creative mind maps. I found this very useful to make quick easy research which helped me get the best outcomes of my work. There was a few problems when using prezis, difficulties of saving certain mind maps I produced but i over came this problem. I have also used prezi in my evaluation stages, as you can see it has been a very useful part of web 2.0 that i used. 


Evaluation Stages
When constructing my final evaluation stages and creating my final ancillary texts my main media technology was my own camera which is a Nikon D3100, compared to when I was using it for my filming I found it was more useful using it for this part of my project. The reason for this was I was producing still image, and this is what my camera is especially used for. Created my magazine cover I used to studio to take my photographs, I thought it was best I took them whist in the process of filming, this helped because my characters where in the correct outfits and frame of mind. I used a range of different technologies to take them, for example I used two different soft boxes to create a nice light I connected my camera to one of the soft boxes so when I pressed my shutter down it flashed to create a nice light 

No comments:

Post a Comment