Monday 31 March 2014

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

When creating my main product and ancillary texts and I think it is important to create continuity throughout both different products. From my first planning and research stages I chose the genre of indie. From choosing this I chose basic things to follow for example I chose the theme black and white. For this to be effective I used it in my video and ancillary texts. I presented my video in black and white and my ancillary texts also. This created continuity throughout, when taking my photographs for my ancillary texts I took them while in the process of filming. By having the same images from my digi pak featured in my poster shows a good understanding of continuity I think this was a good idea because it shows an understanding of media products and how to make them effective. This is just my opinion I think to find out if my combination of my music video and ancillary texts worked well I should create a questionnaire. I will ask opinions of people, for example asking my target audience of 16+ if my magazine poster and my CD digi pak and my music video work well together. Below shows the questionnaire I asked my target audience.



Altogether I asked 20 people from my target audience, I think this was a good way to gather information because they was able to write down what they actually thought. I got a range of feedback from giving out this questionnaire which helped me to see how effective my combination of my main product and ancillary texts was.

Here is one of the answered questionnaires I received back. They was able to guess my genre and they comments about my ancillary texts linking with my video was also good, as it says they look good and link well. The fact that they wouldn't change my ancillary texts if they had the option because they said it was good shows how effective it is. Asking the age was important because it shows proof that they fit in with my target audience of 18+. I am happy with this feedback. From the rest of my other questionnaires they all was very similar as they show the clear understanding of the link with both music video and my ancillary texts. I think from doing this research with my target audience it backs up of how effective the combination of my main product and ancillary texts are. From getting proof from my actual target audience it gives a real feedback and shows my product was successful.


I did this focus group to get information about how things worked but also how effective this worked together and the combination of my main product and my ancillary texts where. The questions I asked in relation to this where "Do you think my ancillary texts which I have shown you links in and creates continuity with my music video?"


As you can see I got positive feedback it shows that they all link in together, the person from this focus group has shown clear understanding that the combination is clear and effective. I think this is clear from the use of black and white which was used throughout, choosing black and white was from my chosen genre indie.

No comments:

Post a Comment